October 21st, 2008 by qemm
A new bugfix release of Flash Uploader is available now for download at:
The following issues has been corrected:
- Fixed problem where Flash Player was throwing out timeout errors
- Fixed problem where only the first selected file was displayed and all subsequent files were ignored
- Improved file-upload error handling (added error key to uploaded file data)
September 10th, 2008 by ailon
Thanks to our forum user mtxd a potential security issue has been identified in SPAW Editor PHP Edition v.2. We have released a hotfix 220.127.116.11 release which addresses the issue.
Users of previous versions can download a simple 1 file hotfix only release. It is compatible with all 2.0.x versions. We strongly recommend you to apply this hotfix to all your SPAW v.2 installations.
September 3rd, 2008 by ailon
After some minor testing we can conclude that SPAW Editor seems to work pretty fine for the most part with newly released Google Chrome browser.
The browser is currently detected and handled as it was Safari since it includes the matching substring in it’s USER_AGENT value:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.149.27 Safari/525.13
We will be making necessary changes in the future in case there’s a need to support Chrome individually, but for now it seems to be quite usable as it is.
Make sure you are running SPAW Editor v.2.0.5 or newer if you care about Chrome support.
August 29th, 2008 by ailon
We’ve released version 2.0.8 of SPAW Editor (both PHP and ASP .NET editions). This release adds an option to start editor in read-only mode + a couple bug fixes.
- FEATURE ADDED: read-only version of the editor
- BUGFIX: when inserting anchor on an empty content in Firefox inner document URL was inserted into editing area
- BUGFIX: paragraph value Normal wasn’t working in Firefox. Replaced with <p> config file
As always download is available via our download page.
July 15th, 2008 by qemm
We are proud to announce the release of our new product aimed at web developers — Flash Uploader.
Give it a try and let us know what you think. Oh, and it’s free!
June 16th, 2008 by ailon
We’ve been notified about problems with posting to our forums that started late last week.
The source of the problems was incorrect mail server configuration that was somehow restored at our server. The problem should be fixed now.
Thanks to all who notified us about the issue!
May 9th, 2008 by ailon
We were notified of the issue with Safari 3 detection code in .NET edition which resulted in run-time error everytime someone using Safari 3 visits your page with SPAW. We issued a fix for it back in April but with all the server troubles forgot to update the download page and post to the blog about it.
Better later than never. Download the hotfix release from SPAW Editor’s download page.
You only need to overwrite Bin\Solmetra.Spaw.dll in your 2.0.7 installations.
April 29th, 2008 by ailon
As some of you have probably noticed, our site(s) weren’t functioning properly for about a week in mid April and some of you experienced problems taking advantage of our 50% discount promotion.
So, to compensate for the downtime we decided to extend the promotion for one more week. You can use the promotion code SPAWIS5 until May 7, 2008 and get 50% off any SPAW Editor purchase.
Links are available at our Purchase page
April 14th, 2008 by ailon
Update: hopefully the issues have been resolved
We are experiencing technical difficulties with our server handling solmetra.com/spaweditor.com website. The site will be restored as soon as we determine the cause of the problem and resolve it.
You can still download SPAW Editor files through sourceforge.net
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We will extend the 50% discount promotion to compensate for the downtime. For now you can purchase the commercial licenses by following these links:
50% discount promotion code is “SPAWIS5″ (without quotes).
April 4th, 2008 by ailon
Version 2.0.7 of both ASP.NET and PHP editions of SPAW Editor has been released.
The main focus of this release was reworking of the style application algorithm combining good parts of the ways this was done in SPAW 1.x and SPAW 2 and getting rid of the bad. Other bugs were fixed, workarounds implemented and new features added.
Numerous language files were updated and fixed by the community. Thanks!
Version 2.0.7 is available for immediate download through our download page.
Here’s a complete change log:
- FEATURE ADDED: when inserting a hyperlink and nothing is selected, hyperlink title is used for linked text (if title is not set href url is used)
- CHANGE: reworked CSS class application algorithm: now if nothing is selected CSS class is set on the parent tag of the current cursor position, plus style changes are applied to the same span tag rather than creating a new one
- CHANGE: font name and font sizes are now applied with custom code rather than browser features allowing for wider variety of valid settings
- BUGFIX/WORKAROUND: empty paragraphs were multiplying in IE when DOM tree or HTML had paragraph inside of a paragraph
- BUGFIX/WORKAROUND: when content started with script or style tag it was removed under IE
- BUGFIX: there were PHP notices in dialogs when session wasn’t used to store config data
- BUGFIX: inner contents of style tag was stripped under IE
- BUGFIX: insertHtmlAtSelection method wasn’t working correctly in IE when “control” (image, etc.) was selected
- BUGFIX: SpawFm plugin: fixed automatic uploaded file/created directory selection
- LANGUAGE FILE ADDED: Romanian (Lari Corifeanu)
- LANGUAGE FILE ADDED: SpawFM: Turkish (Sitki Ozkurt)
- LANGUAGE FILE ADDED: core and SpawFM: Celtic (Alan Davies)
- LANGUAGE FILE ADDED: SpawFM: Slovak (Martin Svec)
- LANGUAGE FILE UPDATED: Slovak (Martin Svec)
- LANGUAGE FILE UPDATED: Italian (fabrix)